Friday, October 05, 2007

one more reason I'm glad I don't work in an office anymore


Chair Dancing.

It's nearly impossible for me to sit still when I'm listening to music. I'm bopping, swaying, tapping or clapping at least one body part on something nearby. It's a reflex. I can't control it unless I really concentrate hard, and at that point, I'm not really listening to the music anymore, so it stops on its own.

I'm sure this is alternately annoying and amusing to the people around me. On one hand, the incessant tapping/slapping/drumming might drive someone insane, and if I had an iPod when I worked in an office, I'm sure someone would already have beaned me for making their cubicle walls shake. On the other hand, imagine walking around a corner and seeing one of your co-workers rhythmically jerking and flailing in her desk chair, very obviously doing a white girl dancing thing, badly, with absolutely no idea that you're watching her. I bet you could assemble half your work group around to watch the show before she'd even notice.

Man, I am so glad I don't work in an office anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home