Sunday, November 19, 2006

i hate you, Patty Hurst Shifter. Yet...


rock out 10, originally uploaded by gkp.

i love you.

I love you becase you are the first music that I have listened to since the Kid was born that made me nearly cream my pants. The rock is that hard, yet that catchy. I love you because you make me want to headbang around my bedroom/office with my eyes clenched shut, my lips wide open, and my arms up in the air. I love you because you compel me to get back into music, lest I miss another awesome band like y'all. I love you because you make me remember what it was to rock, hard, and I love it. I love you because you make me realize that I spent the last few years ignoring the music scene while raising a youngun, and while that was time very well-spent, now, I want to be back, with a vengeance.

And I hate you.

I hate you because I fell in love with you after moving to NE BFE, where the nearest club you might play in is a good two hours away, and I pine for you. I hate you because now I wonder what other incredible music I missed in the last four years. I hate you because I can't get you out of my fucking head. But most of all, I hate you, because when your first album came out, my ex-husband taped it for me and gave it to me, stating, "You'l love it. You'll see." And goddamn it, he was right. And I hate you for that.

But mostly, I just love you. Come to Bertie County soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home