Monday, June 06, 2005

De Plant, De Plant!

I know, that was so bad it's not even worth mentioning how bad it was.

My first flower is growing...I think. I planted some lily bulbs about 3 weeks ago, and the first one I planted has sprung up some green stuff. Of course, the other 8 I planted are still in hiding, not counting the 4 that are in the planter with the gladiola. They aren't coming up for air yet, either. But at least one made it above ground. Now if it will just grow and flower.

I've only killed 2 watermelon plants so far. Unfortunately, that's all the watermelon we planted. The torrential rain here last week crushed the watermelon plants, but curiously, the canteloupe plant looks untouched. And the peppers and tomatoes are shooting up like weeds. Speaking of, we haven't seen many unwelcome plants so far, save for that crazy groundcover that has completely overtaken our furthest plot. We've decided against planting anything we actually want to live back there, as it would probably be choked to death pretty quickly. Even the hardy rosemary likely would not make it. You will be assimilated...

Our 2005 Family World Tour continued last weekend in Raleigh with another wedding. We also had business with the ex and visits with both groups of friends (his and mine) squooshed in for good measure. It's all about multi-tasking. This weekend, we have the dinner/concert that our group won at work, but at least we will be in town. Which reminds me, I have GOT to get a sitter...

I really should blog about the show, but I don't think words can do it justice (although my friends have had to suffer through an email or two about my shining 15 minutes of fame...) But a picture might just do the trick. Let me see if I can figure out how to post it.

I was going to go to WalMart tonight and get a bike lock so I can stop procrastinating and start biking to work...but I think I'll just do it tomorrow.

Hey, at least I finally mowed the grass tonight, okay?

Which reminds me of one plant we left off the garden list... damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home