Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oh, that's right- I'm supposed to be blogging this!


Um, hi! I seem to have lost track of time! Could it really have been 4 days since my last post...huh. What about that? Um, hey, look over there- it's bacon! Look at the pretty bacon!

Sigh...What was that I said about falling off the horse? Man, this fucker does like to buck, doesn't she? But over here, we're adhering to the spirit of NaBloPoMo more than the actual letter, and going for the whole 30 posts in 30 days thing...so if I write 4 tonight, ostensibly, I will be caught up. Under my own slightly cheaty-yet-sort-of-sensical rules. And I'm ok with that. So here we go, back in the saddle.

I haven't done a bullety list yet this month, and I'm thinking it's about time. (It's a good way to get through one post, anyway, and get to what you really want to hear about, which is a BLT cocktail. Oh, trust me, you not only want to hear about that, you want to eat it drink it!)

Let's do the iTunes Shuffle, y'all! A spin of the wheel...come on big money, no whammies, no whammies!

1- "You Give Me Something," James Morrison
Who is this dude? I know I don't have this album. I don't even know who this dude is...oh, looks like it was a free iTunes single of the week. It's not *that* bad, but it's sorta R&B lite...not quite enough soul, and the lyrics are a trifle insipid.
"Please give me something, 'cause someday, I might know my heart..."
I have a better idea, pansy pants- why don't you grow some nuts, and then we'll talk. Damn. I guess I really didn't like that song at all.

2- Track 6, Unknown Album.
I love it when this happens. Complete randomness. No idea who the artist is. At first, this song was totally creeping me out, what with jazzy/kabuki-esque quality of the artist's voice, and the extremely minimal backing instrumentals, but it grew on me over the course of 3 minutes...and it's kinda sexy, honestly.
"There is a crying in my heart that never will be still, like the voice of a bird behind the starry hill..."

3- "Route 66," Wayne Hancock.
This rocks! Actually, it swings... I don't think I even have to say anything about this song, except that I love it and I love Wayne Hancock, and this song makes me want to learn how to really dance instead of just shuffle my feet. It also makes me want to buy a red convertible and drive cross-country.
"Get your kicks on Route 66..."

4- "Pushing the Needle Too Far," Indigo Girls
I love Amy Ray. (She's the brunette Girl, the intense one. I want Emily, the blonde, to be my sister. I want Amy to be my....well...anyway.) Emily's songs tend toward the pretty, the romantic, the idealistic. Amy's tend to have a bit of an edge, musically and lyrically. This song is a great example.
"I woke up this morning, grey dawn, with a prayer on my breath.
I lost something precious, God'll save me from losing myself."


5- "Am I Too Blue," Lucinda Williams
Her voice is just so forlorn sometimes, and this song is no exception. It's a perfect fit for the lyrics. The song is a perfect fit for those of us who have wondered at one time or another re: a relationship, am I just too much? Am I too intense? Do I want this too much? What the fuck is wrong with me?
"Is the night too black? Is the wind too rough? Is it at your back? Have you had enough?"

Hey, that was both fun and painless. Thank God the Shuffle Gods didn't happen upon my Jewel or Justin Timberlake. I might have some explaining to do then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home